Sunday, July 15, 2012

Rock'n'Roll Coochie Coo

Jelly & Blondie threw me the BEST shower yesterday!!!  IT WAS AWESOME COVERED IN AWESOME SAUCE!!!

I have to say, my BFFs are beyond amazing. First, they know me. Second, they listen to me. Third, they deliver!

The shower was a rock'n'roll theme and every detail right down to the colour of the cutlery, set to match the colour of the nursery, was PERFECT.

Blondie's living room was decorated in onesies and receiving blankets that she had meticulously ironed on pictures of Elvis, Janis and other rock legends. The food was served in bowls made out of vinyl records that Jelly made herself! There were no lame games like find the poop in the diaper, but one awesome game of guess the famous rock star from their baby picture. And the pièce de résistance, a framed gold record that all the guests signed, under which had a plaque engraved with "Baby Comedian, Release Date Summer 2012, Produced by Paprika and The Comedian".

I cannot put into words how wonderful the afternoon was. And I certainly cannot express how absolutely grateful I am to have such amazing people in my circle of family and friends. They gave my baby literally a TRUCK LOAD of stuff.  Our SUV was packed to the roof. It was and is beyond overwhelming. My kid is set for the first 2 years of its life. Anything I could have ever imagined needing or wanting was so very generously given to me.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that in about 6 weeks, a brand new person will be coming into my life. I guess it's a good thing everyone else has accepted it and gave me all the stuff I will need to take care of the little one. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment