Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Seasons of Love

Tomorrow will mark one year since I left the Tdot to settle into life in the Niagara Peninsula. Three hundred and sixty-five days ago. Or as Jonathan Larson wrote, "Five hundred, twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes".

I have to say it doesn't feel like a year. Is that a good thing? You know, time flies when you're having fun and all that.

I will admit there have been several moments where I've wanted to pack up my stuff and move back to the city. But not because I don't love my new life, I just miss parts of my old one.

I mostly miss the vibe of Toronto. St. Catharines has no vibe. Really none. I've looked!

And I really miss just being able to hop on the subway after work and head off to do whatever my heart desires - meet with friends for dinner or see the latest musical to hit a Mirvish stage or to catch a cool new band on a Tuesday night.

But I wouldn't trade the last 365 days for any of that. I love my husband. I love my home. I love how close I am to my family and my 3 BFFs.

I just have to figure out a way to move the cultural centre of Canada closer to St. Catharines. Looks like it's already starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment