Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gift of Life

I woke up at around 2:30am having to go pee (as usual) and I noticed my Blackberry blinking with a notification that my Dad had sent an email. I have an app that makes my BB blink specific colours depending on the sender. Dad is light blue.

I pop it open and it's an email informing me and my brothers that he has signed up to be an organ donor.

Of course, this kept me up most of the night because I do not (and will not) handle the fact my Dad won't be around someday.

When I finally fell asleep an hour later, I had crazy dreams about my Dad having donated limbs to amputies. So there were these people walking around with a part of my Dad sewn on to them.

I sent this to my Dad this morning:

"Well they're going to have to wait a really looooooong time (I would guess at least forever) to get their hands on your awesome organs."

I want to call first dibs on his heart, because it's made of gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment