Friday, August 10, 2012

Take Your Pick

I've spent the last 3 weeks trying to get my baby to turn around and s/he just won't budge. I still don't know what the heck happened as s/he has been head down the entire pregnancy up until a few weeks ago.

I've tried everything - pelvic tilts, applying cold to the top of my belly, playing music to the bottom of my belly, shining a light in my vagina, herbal medicines, and burning an ancient Chinese incense at my baby toe (the baby toe apparently controls the position of the fetus). NOTHING HAS WORKED.

My midwives referred me to an OBGYN who I met with today. There is really no option for me but to have a c-section. He's sending me for an ultrasound on Monday to reconfirm what I already know, that my baby is head up. Then I get to choose when to have the baby.

I get to pick my baby's birthday! How weird and cool is that?  It will be either August 14 or August 22, because the OB is going on vacation from August 15 - 21.  I would like to have the baby on August 22 for two reasons.  The first being that my baby will get to cook a little longer, and the second, that is my Dad's birthday. And giving him his first grandchild for his 77th birthday would be the best gift I could ever give him.

No comments:

Post a Comment