Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pack Rat

I. Have. Too. Much. Stuff.

I don't know how the hell it fits in 525 sq.ft. but it does. I have TONS and TONS of stuuuuuuuuufffffffffffff.

I am a known pack rat. This stems directly from the fact that I have only a handful of items that belonged to my mother. So my brain twisted that into me not being able to throw anything away.

If I were to die tomorrow, the person stuck going through all my shit would know exactly who I was, where I've been, who my friends were, what televisions shows I watched and pretty much everything else under the sun that makes up the mosaic that is Paprika Spice.

As I've been packing, I really have tried to throw stuff away. And I just can't bear to do it.

I've got a ton of magazine articles, posters and pictures on a lot of my favourite celebrities, films and television shows. I have stuff from grade school, high school and university. I have pictures of myself and my family from years gone by. I have keepsakes and ornaments and memorabilia.

And all of it is totally awesome!!!

Gaaaaaaaaahhhhh........ I should get back to packing now. :P

1 comment:

  1. yes my dear you are a pack rat. The only cure to this I think is to have to clean out someone else's stuff. I used to keep EVERYTHING until I had to watch mom attempt to sort through a huge house with 2 huge attics, a large basement, a huge garage and barn at my grandparents house. She spend 6 months sorting through 80 years of stuff and only scratched the surface of it. Rest was left to the estate sale people and she always worried about what she may have missed. Was a HUGE, difficult job. I came home from there one day and tossed a bunch of stuff and organized everything else I had. I still keep some things but have learned that stuff is just stuff and the memories you have and the people in your life are what is most important. After all, once you are gone, someone else is just going to toss it all in a dumpster anyway since it doesn't mean anything them!

    ReplyDelete