Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Paranoid

Ever since I had my wallet stolen, I've become this super paranoid person whenever I'm walking on the street or riding the subway.

I was walking back to the office from my lunch break, when a little old Asian lady tapped me on the shoulder as I stood on the corner waiting for the light to change.

I jumped about 50 feet in the air!! When I finally figured out I wasn't being assaulted, I realized she was asking me directions to an address written on a piece of paper she was holding.

As I leaned over to take a look at the address, I noticed her little old husband move in closer to take a look as well.

Turns out they were only a block off the mark and I sent them on their merry way.

And then I checked my pockets to make sure my wallet and Blackberry were still there.

GAH!! I hate being so hypersensitive! It's one thing to be careful, and it's another thing to be freaked out whenever a human being talks to me.

I hope the new idyllic life I'll be living in St. Catharines will bring me down out of the tree I've climbed into.

No comments:

Post a Comment