Friday, September 10, 2010

Signs

I am *this close* to quitting everything here and moving to St. Catharines for good.

My wallet and iPod were stolen out of my purse last night, some time between 5:00pm and 7:15pm.

I realized it was gone after having dinner with a former colleague of mine. We were at the subway station and I went into my purse to get my transit pass and my iPod. My iPod was gone. And as I was digging around in my purse looking for it, I realized my wallet was gone too!

I will say I'm lucky that I wasn't attacked for them. However, it still fucking sucks.

I had EVERYTHING in there except cash. Well, I had $10 AUD I've been carrying around since my trip last year, which I keep forgetting to exchange. And a cheque made out to me for $80. It had my driver's license, my red & white health card (For my American friends, losing a red & white health card sucks large, just ask anyone who lives in Ontario.), my health benefits card, my Starbucks card, my Chapters gift card, and all my reward cards like Air Miles, Aeroplan, Shoppers Optimum, SCENE, Hallmark, Carlton Cards....

I am so shocked this actually happened. I have lived in Toronto for over 10 years and I've never had anything like this happen to me. I have always considered my city to be a safe one. It's a little cold and unfriendly at times because apparently most of the people who live here are dickheads, however, I have never been afraid of getting anything stolen. Which is probably why I walk around with my purse unzipped. I'm in and out of it a lot so it's a pain to zip and unzip and zip again.

By the time I got home, the shock wore off a bit and I started to get really fucking mad. I felt so violated. I can only describe it as if someone had stolen my underwear off my body, sniffed it, licked it and masturbated into it.

I called my bank and my credit card company immediately. They were nice and kept apologizing this was happening to me. I told them it wasn't their fault, but I appreciated the sympathy.

The bastard used my credit card right away. Got $70 of gas at Canadian Tire. But the joke was on him when he tried to charge $1,400 at Future Shop and the card was declined. I was nearly maxed out due to a few large purchases, including 4 tickets to Rock of Ages for next week.

I then called The Comedian to let him know what happened. He immediately freaked out and wanted to drive up here to look for the bastard. So cute, but so futile! I did however, express some fear in that this jerk store now has my address. Which if he's pissed about my credit card being declined, maybe he would come and rob my apartment, or steal my car - he knows I have one because there was a copy of my car insurance policy in there too.

Yeah, don't ever tell your boyfriend something like that cuz he will freak out even more. He was all ready to construct a transporter and beam himself to my side. I told him it's unlikely that would happen because these kinds of thieves are snatch and spend, not diabolical geniuses (such as I).

I assured him I would be fine and then got on with calling the police and trying to figure out what I had that needed to be cancelled and replaced.

I was doing a mental check list of what I had and was registered online when I thought about my Starbucks card. I'd loaded it with $10 about 2 weeks ago when meeting up with Anne Shirley.

I logged in to see the balance and much to my surprise, it was at $3.04! I cannot believe that bastard actually stopped for coffee after stealing my wallet!!!!!! Like seriously?! He needed a coffee break from his difficult life of crime?!?!?!

I wanted to punch someone in the face with a brick at that moment.

I spent about an hour on the phone with a very nice police officer filing the report. I had to go through every single piece of everything that was in my wallet. Along with all my ID and reward cards, I had a silver crucifix in my wallet that my cousins had given to me in 2004 after having been in a car accident. I had to approximate the replacement value. I wanted to scream, "THERE ISN'T ENOUGH MONEY ON EARTH TO REPLACE THAT!!!" But I guessed $50 seeing as it was made out of real silver.

I asked him what I should do about driving without a license as I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for this morning.

He told me not to speed and if I did get pulled over, to give the cop his name and badge number and say he told me it was okay to drive.

Ha! I told him my speeding days were over from my ticket a few nights before. He asked me what I did and where it happened. After I told him the whole story with the crying fit and everything, he told me it was extremely nice of the officer to have lowered the ticket and said it wouldn't have any effect on my insurance. Good thing I decided to pay the ticket, inspite of the great opposition most of my friends had to the idea.

After I finished up with the cop, I packed my stuff quickly and headed out. I had told The Comedian I was going to text him when I left, but forgot to. I got stuck in some awful traffic around Burlington so I whipped out my Blackberry and saw two frantic texts from him wondering what the hell happened to me over the previous hour. He's so cute. :)

At any rate, I got in late last night and now I'm up early for my doctor's appointment. I have to get my doc's hand up my junk to make sure I'm still okay from that last weird pap I had last year.

So between getting the speeding ticket and my wallet stolen and paint all splashed over my entire car from the painters in parking garage along with a cracked windshield (Yes, that happened just after the wedding The Comedian and I attended. I didn't blog about it because I was still riding high from the wedding. And I had stomped around and yelled about it for a few days which got it all out of my system.), I've just about had it with this city.

Now I just have to figure out how to get the fuck out of here seeing as I have no ID and a car I really shouldn't be driving.

And I hope that thief gets a horribly itchy STD sometime in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment