Thursday, September 9, 2010

Brakes

Commuting from Niagara to Toronto is effing expensive. Hey Via Rail, I think more people would leave their cars at home and take your train if it wasn't $735 a month to ride the St. Catharines - Toronto corridor. Seriously!

My best option would be driving to the Burlington GO station and riding in from there. That comes with a $240 monthly price tag. I'd have to catch the 7:30am train to get into the Tdot by 8:30am. That leaves me enough time to catch the subway to the office - well, depending on whether or not the TTC is running normally at that moment. Seems that since I started my job in June, the TTC is broken more than not.

The prospect of doing this commute has really boggled my brain and it's starting to burn my skirt. If I were to do this every day, I would not be able to do anything after work, because I will have to catch my train at 6pm, to get home by 7:30pm. And then I'm sure I'll be tired and will only want to eat dinner and then go to bed. I won't be able to take dance lessons anymore. I won't be able to meet up with friends for a couple beers. I won't be able to go to the movies. I won't be able to do anything.

GAH!!!

Yeah, as much as I want to be with The Comedian full time, I don't think I'm quite ready to give everything up just yet.

I am revising my plan to go down there on Thursday nights and come back up on Sunday nights. That way I can still take dance on Mondays and Wednesdays and oh you know, see my friends.

I hope this doesn't kill me - or him.

No comments:

Post a Comment