Friday, October 14, 2011

To Add or Not To Add

I have only a handful of coworkers as friends on Facebook. As much as I would like to think the people I spend 8 hours a day with are my friends, I've learned the hard way they are in fact, not.
I have always been a person who will hand you my trust from the moment we meet. And then at some point shortly thereafter, my trust will be shattered and I'm left picking up the pieces.

As I've moved from job to job, I've been putting myself out there less and less. It took me a whole year at my present position before I even considered adding anyone from work to Facebook.

Soooo, last night I got a friend request from one of my managers. While I don't report directly to him, the bulk of the work I do is for him.

I am at a loss as what to do. He and his wife (who is another coworker) came to my wedding, so we're good enough "friends" that I wanted him there. But I don't want him to know that I go on Facebook during the day. And I certainly don't want him to see my rants when I'm having a bad day at work.

My gut is telling me it's a bad idea to add him, even on limited access. But my heart is telling me that he likes me and wants to be my friend.

What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment