Saturday, May 19, 2012

100 Days

There are lots of things that 100 days can refer to.  For me, the next 100 days will forever be the last 100 days before becoming a mom.

I'm light years from my last major countdown. One section of that post really resonates with me.

"Twelve months ago, the beginning of the end arrived. It was June 2007 when everything started to unravel at a speed I couldn't manage. Watching my life dissolve before my very eyes was overwhelming to say the least.

And now sitting here, with twelve months in between that life and this life, all I can do is breathe. Big breath in, and all of it out. My life is better, but not. My outlook is clear, but fuzzy. My hope for the future is there, but not at all. Conundrum. I never really understood the weight of that word until now."


I'm sitting here with 5 years in between that life and this life. And all I can do is smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment