Saturday, June 30, 2012

Date Night

The Comedian and I went out on a date tonight. I'm sure this will be one of the nights we look back on fondly while we're up with a crying baby in the middle of the night.
|
We had dinner at Dani's Bistro. I LOVE this place! It has amazing food and it's not expensive at all. I've paid twice as much for half the quality at a lot of places in Toronto. I had a lovely tilapia with rice and salad, and The Comedian had the pot roast with mashed potatoes and veggies.

After our wonderful dinner, we went to the movies. We saw the absolutely AWFUL Rock of Ages.  They completely destroyed the story, didn't have "Oh Sherrie" in final cut even through the credits list it as part of the soundtrack, and Tom Cruise was the worst casting choice EVER. He was absolutely foul as Stacee Jaxx.

When I saw the trailer, I thought it was strange they cut it pushing Tom Cruise's Stacee Jaxx soooo hard. I figured it was because they wanted to use his star power to draw the audience. Turns out they changed the storyline and made it all about Stacee rather than the love story between Sherrie and Drew. I thought Julianne Hough and Diego Boneta were perfect as Sherrie & Drew. It's too bad they were relegated to such minor characters. I'm really disappointed because this was an Adam Shankman film and he did such an amazing job with translating Hairspray from the stage to film, I was fully expecting he would do the same for Rock of Ages. This film will not make it to my Amazon wish list, ever.

We'll have to go catch another movie soon so I can erase the memory of this one from my mind and replace it with something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment