Monday, June 25, 2012

Getting Lonely

I'm experiencing a weird sense of abandonment since my coworker gave birth last week. It was amazing to having someone going through the exact same thing at the exact same time. Yes she was 8 weeks further in her pregnancy and yes, pregnancy is different from woman to woman (and from pregnancy to pregnancy in the same woman), but I don't think I could have made it this far with this much emotional stability without her support.

Now she's done and I'm not. And I'm almost resentful. Or jealous? I don't know. It's bizarre to say the least. I'm so happy for her and her brand new baby girl. But I'm almost angry in that she just left me here without warning and before I was fully ready to let her go.

Oh pregnancy hormones, you really screw with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment