Sunday, July 24, 2011

Long Live The King

Here are my very favourite pictures from our honeymoon in Memphis.  I could have spent another week soaking up everything Elvis. I was in absolute heaven!  I got to see my favourite singer's city with my favourite guy on earth. :)

This is at Sun Studio where we got to stand on the original studio floor and pose with the actual mic that Elvis used to record "That's Alright Mama".


Here we are at the front door of Graceland.

Me on the front steps. It took The Comedian a few minutes to get a shot where I was pretty much all by myself.  I want to live here!

Inside the front room of the house. This was my favourite of all the rooms we were allowed to see.

The Comedian with Elvis' iconic jumpsuit from the Aloha Hawaii special.

Me on the bed in our room at the Heartbreak Hotel. Sadly this hotel is a total dump. The next time we go, we're planning on staying at the Days Inn which is just down the street.

And here we are on the rooftop of the Peabody Hotel and in the lobby by the fountain. Actually, if we can afford it, we'll stay there the next time instead. It's a grand old 5-star hotel with southern charm just oozing out of every corner.


We brought back quite a haul of souveniers. I think The Comedian was actually a bit surprised at how much stuff I bought.  On our final morning, I stopped into the gift shop one last time just to pick up a keychain and ended up buying another $70 worth of stuff.  LOL.  I warned him before we left I was gonna shop till I dropped.

And the best part about the trip was that we know we travel well together. We spent 16 hours each way in a car together and not once did we fight. We laughed and talked and sang along to our favourite songs and just really enjoyed each other's company.

I gotta pat myself on the back, this time I done good pickin' me a hubby. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment