Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Now What?

* Find soulmate. Check.

* Move in together. Check.

* Get engaged. Check.

* Get married. Check.

* Go on honeymoon. Check.

Seriously, I don't remember much of the wedding. A few key moments here and there.  In my mind's eye I woke up, took a shower, went to the hall (which was a complete fucking disaster that almost ruined everything), went to get my hair done, and then whammo, I was eating my dinner with a shiny new ring on my finger and everyone kept saying how happy they are for us.

I do not remember the expression on The Comedian's face as I came down the aisle.  I do not remember the reading that one of his groomsmen did during the ceremony.  I do not remember saying my vows.  I vaguely remember the ring exchange and I kind of remember signing the registry.

This is why having a videographer is essential. It's not for the memories, it's for proof that the wedding actually took place!

I do remember the church was hotter than an oven. I feel that was my mother's way of letting us know she was there watching over everything.  She was probably laughing as all of us were dripping in sweat.  That'll teach us for not going to church every week.

I've been back at work for a few days now and life is normal again. But I feel like I'm missing something. Or I've missed something? Or something has gone missing?

Apparently there's such a thing as post nuptial depression.  I doubt that's what I'm experiencing, but I am feeling a bit lost.

Maybe I should just start working on making babies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment