Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What A Difference A Year Makes

I was just reading some of my posts from January 2010 and I can't believe how different things are.

I know things change, but usually it's so gradual you hardly notice.

But holy crappo, a mere 12 months ago my life was completely d.i.f.f.e.r.e.n.t. Mr. David anyone? Wow.

The one thing that hasn't changed, which I am very happy to report, is that I'm still a Size 10. And those brown cords are going strong! I wore them yesterday in fact. :)

One thing that is changing that I'm about ready to bawl my eyes out over is that Mrs. Magnolia and her hubby are taking off for Thailand tonight. For SIX MONTHS. I'm super happy they have this amazing opportunity, but I'm super upset because she and I talk like 18 times a day.

There is a slight chance they may stay there for good. However, I'm hoping they can come back at least for my wedding. She's slated to do my make-up after all.

Our motto last year was "Try Again in 2010". And amazingly, I got everything I wanted. Except the damn flat screen TV. :D

This year my motto is most definitely, "2011 Is Heaven".

For the first time in a long time, I'm excited for what the next 12 months shall bring.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, Mr. David. He sure gave us some good times, didn't he? You should invite him to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paprika,

    I found an old post of yours from last year about a missed connection posting, and by the sounds of it things have worked well for you in a different direction!

    I'm writing an article for a small Toronto community newspaper about the popularity of missed connections postings. I think your story might be inspiring for other people who try the missed connections to know that love may come where they least expect it. Let me know if you'd be interested in being featured in this story.

    Thanks,
    Amy
    a4ward@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete