Monday, December 28, 2009

Try Again in Twenty-Ten

Anne Shirley and I had a helluva difficult 2008. Our motto going into 2009 was "EVERYTHING IS FINE IN '09".

Anne found true love in the latter months of '08 and it blossomed over the course of '09, culminating in her moving in with her betrothed. So overall, I'd mark '09 as fine in her column. (And yes Anne, I know you had other life changing events that were not at all fine, however, I'm looking at it from the perspective of finding love and a mate, and with that came someone you could 100% lean on during those shitty times.)

For me, '09 turned out to be as big of a bitch as '08. She was a different breed of bitch, but ended up biting me just as hard.

It always amazes me how much happens, and how little happens over the course of 365 days. I look back at my blog and it's obvious that a lot of shit goes down in my life. Yet if you asked me to describe what's happened over the last year, I am unable to find the words.

At any rate, in the finding true love and settling down and having babies category, I failed miserably in '09.

I'm really, really hoping that 2010 is going to be the Year of Paprika. The year where she gets everything she deserves. Love, happiness, and maybe a flat screen TV. Is that really too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment