Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Friendster

I was trolling around Facebook today, and one of my friends had posted a link to a hilarious video from The Onion.

The sketch was about an "internet archaeologist" finding relics of a past online civilization called Friendster.

I had totally forgotten I even had a Friendster account until I watched this sketch. So I went and logged in (after having to get my password emailed to me) and found my profile. I had only added two friends, Ethel & Anne Shirley. I never did finish setting up my account. I left my profile at 63% complete. I think that was around the time MySpace started and I quickly moved over there. However, here is what I had filled in.

Interested In:
Dating Men, Relationship with Men, Friends, Activity Partners

Member Since:
Oct 2003

Profile Viewed:
0 times

Hometown:
Fort Erie

Occupation:
Document/Data Controller

What I enjoy doing:
music, theatre, film, karaoke, singing, writing, television

Favorite Movies:
Dirty Dancing, Moulin Rouge, Chicago, All the Kevin Smith films, The Wedding Singer

Favorite Music:
Janis Joplin, Mariah Carey, Aretha Franklin, Madonna, Norah Jones, Alicia Keys

Favorite TV Shows:
All My Children, Smallville, The Joe Schmo Show, Friends, Alias

About Me:
I'm a hopeless romantic but will never admit to it. Even if you try water torture tactics I WILL NOT ADMIT IT. I'm fun, goofy, crazy and I hate filling out these "describe yourself" type questionnaires. I love to sing, and more important, I love the art of karaoke.

Who I Want to Meet:
I want to meet my own personal Johnny Castle. And if you can figure out the reference, then I most definitely want to meet you.

I'd say 99% of this is still pretty right on. The job has changed twice since then. And most of the TV shows I watched have since been cancelled. The most interesting part of this profile is the "Who I Want To Meet" line.

I think it took 6 years, but I'm pretty sure I've met him. Wouldn't that be totally awesome if it actually works out?

No comments:

Post a Comment