Saturday, December 26, 2009

Weepy Christmas

Turkey Dinner #1: My Dad's house on Christmas Eve with Dad, brothers and their respective others. Usual family madness. I cried once because my brother hit me with just the right insult that I couldn't let roll off my back.

Turkey Dinner #2: My sister-in-law's grandmother's house Christmas Day in the early afternoon. One final gathering at the homestead out of respect for her recent passing. Cried once quietly in the bathroom where they had found her.

Turkey Dinner #3: My step-sister's house Christmas Day in the early evening. Watched family videos from 1990 when both my step-mother and step-brother-in-law were alive. Cried openly watching the grainy images of two souls now gone.

It's been raining the last few days. The weather matches my tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment