Friday, December 4, 2009

My Own Horn

I rarely give myself credit when I've done good work. I also have a hard time accepting compliments from people on said good work. I was raised to always do my best because it's what's expected, not just for the glory. I also think doing a good job is a reward in itself, with no need for any extra fanfare.

At this moment however, I am totally going to sing my own praises on a job well done. I was especially proud of myself for figuring out an IT problem on a Mac (I use PC), with editing software I know absolutely nothing about. (Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not an editor!)

So . . . TOOT TOOT! Paprika was wicked awesome today! She not only helped out a student to finish his project on time, but saved the college money by not having to call in the 3rd party computer guys whose going rate is $50/hour.

Yay me! Good job! Pat on the back! Party all the time! Ticker tape parade!!!!

Okay, back to my regularly scheduled work day.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah you!! I'm glad I am not the only one who is so PC orientated that Mac's seem confusing. I HEar people say they are sooooo user friendly but I have 13 years of PC experience.

    ReplyDelete