Monday, April 19, 2010

On My Own

As of June 1st, DT will be my DT no more. She's found love again and is tying the knot on that day.

Her first marriage was a huge affair. Hundreds of guests, many of whom she didn't know. Days and days of showers and parties and functions and get togethers. But she didn't want any of it. She wanted to elope. No one, not even her fiance, would let her have what she wanted.

This time around, it will be a small ceremony in the backyard with only 9 guests. I'm not even one of them. But I get it. I get why she wants it that way and I totally support her.

When I got married, it was just me, my husband and Elvis. We went to Vegas and no one knew about it. Not even our parents. And that was the way I wanted it. Although my marriage was ultimately a trainwreck, I have wonderful memories of my wedding day. And that's largely due to the fact that I did it my way. (Bust out the Frank Sinatra record!)

I'm glad my DT is finally getting everything she's ever wanted. From the ring, to the dress, to the guests - it's what *she* wants. And I'm especially glad she found such a great guy to share her life with and who is totally supportive in giving her the wedding she's dreamed of.

Now the only problem left to tackle is figuring out a new nickname for her.

I think I'll call her Mrs. CB from now on. CB is for Cherry Blossom. I've been telling her to be open like a flower since she first started seeing her soon-to-be-husband. Also, cherry blossoms are an omen of good fortune and an emblem of love and affection. I think it's a rather fitting name.

Congratulations Mrs. CB. Although you are no longer my DT, it's a change in the dynamic of our relationship that I happily welcome and celebrate. I love you lots and lots.

3 comments:

  1. Cherry Blossom sounds like a nice name...you've picked well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very pretty. But can I be Magnolia? I'm more Magnolia than Cherry Blossom. I think YOU'RE Cherry Blossom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah...and thanks...and love you too...and all that stuff.

    Dude, what're ya doing to me?!?!

    ReplyDelete