Sunday, April 11, 2010

Shot Down and Blown Up

At dance class on Wednesday, Nicole told us the school would be hosting a Spotlight Showcase. It would be similar to the structure of the Ball, in that there would be performances mixed with social dancing.

Nicole encouraged us to prepare a routine, either with our private instructors (I don't have one, too expensive) or with a fellow student.

BINGO!

As much of a dumb dumb David is, he's an amazing dancer. So I decided to ask him if he'd want to work on a routine with me for the Spotlight. I've been kicking around an idea to develop something to the song "Teeth" by Lady Gaga.

I was going to approach him after class, but he was in deep conversation with Heather, another one of our dance mates.

So I sent him an email when I got home.

from: Paprika
to: Mr. David
date: Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:35 PM
subject: Spotlight

Hey,

I really want to do a routine for the Spotlight since my dreams of Showcase were shattered. I was hoping you'd be open to working on a routine with me.

I've attached a song that I want to perform to. I'm thinking this would make a really great Paso. There are 2 breaks in the song where we could end the choreography. One at 1:18 and the other at 2:18.

Anyway, if you are interested, let me know. I think we could do a vampire inspired routine where I'm the vampire and you're trying to kill me. :)

Paprika

P.S. I've never done the Paso before, but you know I'll practice real hard and learn all my steps. :)

Two full days went by before I received a response.

from: Mr. David
to: Paprika
date: Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 7:20 PM

subject: Paso??

Hey Paprika,

I am not sure a Paso would be the way to go as neither of us know how to dance it :) But besides that, I have already been approached to consider doing something for the same event...beyond the studio probably not wanting an individual to do two duets at the same event, I do not think I would have the time to work up two numbers.

Off to dance class :)

Mr. David


BLAMMO! SHOT DOWN!

If there is one thing I can bet money on, is the fact Mr. David LOVES to dance so much that he would take any and all opportunities.

Which is why I'm thinking this email was his way of gently letting me know he ain't interested in anything I have to offer - dance or otherwise.

Message received loud and clear. Going forward, I'm staying as far away from him as possible.

And in related news, I was able to watch a car explosion yesterday. Man, was that ever awesome. Here's a picture one of my students snapped a moment after it went off. Photo courtesy of James Selinger.



That picture is exactly how I've been feeling over the last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment