Friday, November 20, 2009

Amnesia

For the third time this month, I've forgotten to take my pill until really late in the day. I'm starting to wonder why I'm suddenly forgetting to take something that I've consistently taken every day for the last decade.

Maybe it's because I haven't had sex in almost a year that my brain doesn't feel like devoting energy to remembering to take something that will prevent pregnancy when I'm not even doing it anymore.

At least at this time last year I was still boinking someone. He was an asshole, but it was sex nonetheless. And because he was an asshole, I had to make extra sure I didn't get knocked up.

Today's (late) pill marked the end of a pack, which will require a refill.

I'm thinking I'm not going to get that refill. I don't have benefits at work anymore, and I could really use the extra $30 a month.

The only thing I'm certainly going to miss is knowing exactly when my period is supposed to arrive. I remember when I was a kid, I HATED the fact that my cycle wasn't exact every month. There was one particular nasty surprise in Grade 9 English class that made me want to carve out my own uterus.

But I'll have an extra $30 a month to buy chocolate to make myself feel better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment