Sunday, November 22, 2009

I Scream, I Swear, I Want to Kill People

I was driving back to Toronto today from a quick, yet super fun visit with the family in Niagara.

I was listening to the Jason Mraz album "We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things". I've become very fond of this CD. I listened to it a lot while I was in Australia. It provided me with sense of being grounded and centered during a time when there was a lot of uncertainty.

The drive was pretty uneventful for the most part. But then I hit the stretch of the Gardiner between Kipling and Spadina, and everyone is suddenly driving like they are Mario Andretti. I believe it's partly due to the fact that particular stretch of the highway was featured in a video game called "Cruis'n The World".

I'm minding my own business when all of a sudden, this asshole comes in from the right and cuts me off. After which, he slams on his breaks FOR NO APPARENT REASON.

I start swearing my head off and honking my horn and really considering ramming my car into the back of his stupid ass when the first bars of the song "Details in the Fabric" start playing.

Calm down. Deep breaths.

Thanks Jason. You saved me yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment