Sunday, November 15, 2009

Good Boots

I've been in my band for 3 years now. I'm the lead singer and the only female. The guys have always put some pressure on me to dress up and look more like a hot, sexy chick rather than my usual t-shirt & jeans self.

When I was out shopping for a Halloween costume at Value Village, I found a really cool retro dress and a pair of awesome green leather boots. All for the low, low price of $24.83. I picked them up thinking I'd dress up as a 60's go-go girl. I didn't end up wearing them for Halloween. My best friend's dad passed away the night before, so I didn't go out this year.

I had mentioned the outfit to the guys at rehearsal. I told them I was going to wear it for our next gig.

I showed up last night in my dress and boots. My bass player said, "Oh, those are nice boots. I was worried when you told us they were green."

Thanks buddy. I know I'm not exactly a fashionista however, I know a good pair of boots when I see them.

Comments like that make me want to crawl into a hole and die. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment