Monday, February 20, 2012

Family Day

Today is Family Day in Ontario, so I got a day off work.

Today also marks the 28th year since my mother passed away.

I called my Dad as I always do on this day. And I prayed he wouldn't remember. And while I don't think he totally forgot, this is the first year we didn't actually acknowledge it out loud.

Instead he told me that he's planning to drive to Long Island, NY this weekend, to meet a lady he's been talking to on the internet for the last 3 months. His plan is to drive there, have a coffee with her, and then drive back.

I freaked out and told him he's nuts to drive all the way out there for really no reason, and all by himself. He yelled at me and said that he can do whatever he likes. I yelled back and told him if anything were to happen to him, it would be HOURS before we could get to him, and never mind how much it would cost for him to be treated at a hospital. We kept yelling at each other until we finally said HAPPY FAMILY DAY, I LOVE YOU and hung up.

I actually glad we had it out rather than what happened last year, where we sat at the kitchen table and cried our eyes out.

We miss you Mommy. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment