Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Signs of the Apocalypse

The world as I know it has ended for the following reasons:

1. I haven't blogged in almost a month.
2. It's one week until my birthday and it's 7C outside.
3. I'm pregnant.

I'm 10.5 weeks along and I'm surprised my baby is growing given all the craziness that has happened in the last few weeks. I've drowned my baby in booze (before I knew I was pregnant), drowned it in sorrow (I really miss you Lara) and was in a minor car accident two nights ago (everyone is fine).

But my little peanut is hanging in there in spite of everything.

OMG YOU GUYS I'M PREGNANT.

I never thought I would ever actually get to this point in my life. For those of you who know me in real life, you *know* how completely freaky this is for me. It's everything I've been dreaming about and praying for, finally coming true. (And yes, even having warm weather for my birthday for once in my life.)

I doubt this is going to turn into a mommy blog because I just don't think that my pregnancy will be that interesting to anyone except me.  But I will post some of my crazy dreams which are a direct result of the hormones raging through my body.

So my grown up life has begun. It's weird but awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! So happy you are on your way to motherhood!! You will be fantastic...

    ReplyDelete