Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Final Credits

Today was supposed to be awesome because it's the Leap Day. Instead, it sucked because Davy Jones passed away this morning from a massive heart attack. February has been a real stinker this year.

I've been a huge Monkees fan since I was a teenager. Before the internet became the internet, I was part of a Usenet group dedicated to them called alt.music.monkees. I would spend hours and hours on the boards talking to Monkees fans from all around the world. I even ordered a t-shirt that has alt.music.monkees fashioned into the shape of a guitar.

Through the boards, I learned that The Monkees would reunite for a 25th anniversary tour. And it would be ALL FOUR OF THEM!  I bought tickets for a show at Melody Fair in Buffalo.

A few days before the tour kicked off, it was announced that Mike Nesmith would not be joining Peter, Mickey and Davy. Boy was I mad as Mike was my favourite. But I went anyway and it was a really fun afternoon.

RIP Davy. I hope you're putting on a show for everyone in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment