Friday, June 11, 2010

Final Curtain

Even though my last day of work is next Friday, today is my last day with the students as their term has finished up.

I spent this morning watching their final projects for Directing class. There were some good films, some not-so-good films, some outright, "what the hell were you thinking" films and some that deserve an Academy Award for cinematography. No joke.

I am really going to miss this part of my job. How many people, other than film critics, can say they get paid to watch and critique movies?

I am still blown away that the instructors actually want and value my opinion. These guys are professionals in the industry, and they care about what I have to say. Wow.

And the students care about what I have to say. Double wow.

Dang, I'm getting teary now....

No comments:

Post a Comment