Monday, August 30, 2010

The Talk

Things are moving swimmingly with The Comedian. So swimmingly in fact, that he has declared we are to be together forever and we are to have very cute and funny babies. But he has yet to say "I love you"!!!! GAH!!!

At any rate, given the forward looking statements coming from him. I decided it was time to have a talk about how we were going to get to be together forever, seeing as we currently live 116KM apart.

I started crying about two seconds after we officially began the talk. He asked me why I was in tears. I told him that I was afraid that we would be over before we even had a chance to begin.

I asked him if he would be willing to live in Toronto. He made a face that looked like someone had stuck a rod up his bum.

"I really wouldn't want to."

I went on to explain that I am not finished living the city life just yet. Ultimately, I know I will end up in Niagara. I told him that was my plan back when I was married. When the time came for kids, we were going to pack up and move back to the place I call home. Even though I ran as far and as fast as I could the first chance I got, I really do appreciate that I was raised in a small town. I cannot fathom raising children in Toronto. I would have a heart attack worrying about them 24/7.

His contract is up in May and it doesn't look like they are going to renew. So I suggested he find a job in Toronto and we could live at my place during the work week, and his place during the weekends. And then when we decide it's time to get me pregnant, we'll move down to Niagara for good.

He didn't seem super happy with the idea of living in Toronto, but he said he would try because he wants this to work.

Yay! We have a plan! The anal retentive side of my brain just breathed a huge sigh of relief.

The countdown is on, 8 months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment