Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chair Dance

Apparently, I know how to really rock a chair.

I wasn't going to let my stupid broken foot (hence forth be known as SBF) keep me from getting my groove on at the Hot Docs wrap party.

At first I had resigned myself to sitting in a corner and just chilling with some wine and munchies. But all of my friends kept asking, nay, begging me to join them on the dance floor. I caved into peer pressure and had someone drag a chair out to the dance floor for me.

It was a little strange for the first few minutes. A lot of people who didn't know me or haven't heard about my SBF couldn't figure out why there was a chick on a chair in the middle of the dance floor.

My friends formed a protective circle around me, which eventually expanded as word got around there was lap dancing going on. Ha! At one point there was a line of people waiting their turn to give me a lap dance.

I had several people whom I didn't know approach me to ask me how my SBF is doing, and also to compliment my chair dancing abilities.

Perhaps I was a go-go dancer and/or stripper in a previous life? I bet I made a lot of money with my moves!

No comments:

Post a Comment