Thursday, May 6, 2010

Stupid Humans

Most people on Planet Earth are stupid and self absorbed. In six days, I've seen more firsthand examples which proves that statement than probably in my whole life.

Here is an open letter to Humanity. Well, it's mostly directed to those living in Toronto.

Dear People of Earth,

I am not wearing a walking cast because it is a fashion statement. I am wearing it because my foot is broken.


I am not taking my time walking down the stairs because I am enjoying the scenery. I am holding onto the railing for dear life so I don't fall and break my other foot, or my face.

I am not asking you to give up your seat because I am too lazy to stand. I am unable to maintain my balance while the bus/streetcar/subway train starts and stops suddenly, throwing me forward and backward and forward again.

And for the love of Sweet Baby Jesus, STOP KICKING MY FUCKING FOOT!

Sincerely,
Paprika

I am truly astounded at how oblivious most people are.

In the six days I've had on the cast, not one person has offered to give me their seat on the bus. Not one person has held the door open for me - they usually try to rush in behind me while I've got the door open so they don't have to hold it open for themselves. I have been kicked more times than I can count. I have had people practically stampede over me going down the stairs to the subway platform because they want to catch that train instead of waiting another 2 minutes for the next one. And yes, during rush hour, the subway trains in Toronto really do come every 2 minutes!

I swear I'm going to end up in a brawl the next time some asshole decides I'm moving to slow and kicks my foot as he rushes past me.

I don't know how much longer I'm going to last with this cast. I found out today my follow up x-ray has been booked for June 1st! JUNE FIRST?! That's not the two week follow up I was told was going to happen.

Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment