Sunday, May 16, 2010

Things That Make Me Cry

* The memory of my Dad giving me a package of Voortman Strawberry Turnovers the day he dropped me off at university.

* The v-neck long sleeved grey shirt from Cotton Ginny that my younger brother gave to me for my birthday about 5 years ago.

* The vow my middle brother made to protect me from my ex husband when I first threw him out.

* The fact that my cat is 13 years old.

* The thought I may never give birth.

* The last picture of my Mom before she died. It was taken on Valentine's Day 1984. She passed away 6 days later.

* Old people walking down the street by themselves.

* My friend who was in a car accident 3 years ago who recently suffered another head injury and is now unable to stop stuttering.

* Brace for Impact: The Story of Flight 1549. I just finished watching it today. It took me since January to get through the whole documentary.

* Haiti

* The Middle East

* Africa

* The homeless guy who uses the tunnel between the Eglinton subway stop and my office building.

And about a million other things that run through my mind daily. It's no wonder I have panic attacks at night.

1 comment:

  1. No doubt there's a lot of shit out there, but there's a lot of good too.

    Maybe focus on the latter for a while. It doesn't make the shit go away, or make your forget about it, but at least it doesn't become all consuming.

    ReplyDelete