Monday, July 26, 2010

Blue Blood

I spent yesterday evening rocking out to Rock Band with The Comedian. His basement is a full-on man cave, resplendent with Toronto Maple Leafs memorabilia.

We drank rum & coke, ate Doritos (oh sweet Sweet Chili Heat!), and had a lot of good conversations in between rocking and rolling. He was tremendously impressed with my guitar skills on Van Halen's "Jump".

Tucker loved me. Even if I hadn't brought the treats, I think he would still be my bud.

And I think The Comedian likes me too. He invited me to his 41st birthday party in a few weeks. His brother, sister-in-law and best buds will all be there.

I wonder if I should bring a bag of treats for each of them? ;)

At least it won't be hard finding a gift for him. Anything with the Leafs brand or something in the same blue colour (which is the colour of his living room and two bedrooms) will make him happy.

My instincts about him are smiling instead of screaming. The only thing left for me to figure out is if I want to jump his bones. I'm still not sure about that. Which usually is a bad sign for me.

However, I can imagine holding hands with him when I'm 80 and he's 86. Which I suppose is the important thing because one's bone-jumping days usually end a lot sooner than hand-holding days.

No comments:

Post a Comment