Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Forging On

I met a guy from PoF two weeks ago. He's a welder and a cycling enthusiast. In fact, he's so enthusiastic, he cycles to and from work every day. The round trip is 80KM!

We had our first date at a local pub. Nachos and beer and 4 hours of conversation.

Our second date was a solo improvised piano performance by a friend of mine, followed by nachos and beer at the local Jack Astor's down the street from the venue.

Our third date was karaoke, with nachos and beer. He gave me an Elvis key chain that night.

Our fourth date was sitting in the park, sipping on iced coffees from Starbucks and 3 hours of conversation.

Last night, was a screening of The A-Team and another gift from him - assorted bulk candy and an Elvis Heartbreak Hotel lip balm.

After the film was over, I made a beeline for the subway. I could tell he was disappointed and wanted to hang out with me more. But I was a bit spooked by a minor outburst at the start of the film. The guy behind him kept kicking his seat. The first time he turned around and politely asked the dude to stop. The second time he whipped around and very LOUDLY told the dude to QUIT KICKING THE SEAT. I suggested we move over, which we did. I'm all for telling someone to stop being annoying, however I'm not about to make everyone else around me uncomfortable while doing it.

He's really cute, and he's funny and he seems nice. Yet there is something in my gut screaming RUN AWAY. I guess that outburst reminded me of my ex-husband, which of course totally freaked me out. But I have to keep telling myself The Welder is not The Ex.

We haven't kissed yet. We haven't even held hands yet. It's not because I don't think he's cute, because the first night we met, I envisioned myself jumping across the table and making out with his face. But I like that things are still innocent for the time being.

This is new territory for me. It's really strange just letting things go and seeing where they take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment