Thursday, July 15, 2010

Things That Make Me Cry Part II

* The old blind man I helped across the street last night as I was leaving my dance class.

* My Dad bailing me out by emailing me money because I don't get paid at the new job until next week.

* The picture of me and my Mom sitting in front of the TV with Lawrence Welk clearly visible on the big old picture tube.

* My brother & sister-in-law, sitting on pins and needles waiting for a test result that is going to change their lives in ways we haven't really begun to comprehend.

Crying in my cubicle during my third week of work is probably not the impression I want to leave on my coworkers. But I just can't seem to pull it together this morning. The tears are pouring out of my head and I was hoping by blogging, I could concentrate on typing these words, which would distract me long enough to stop blubbering.

No such luck.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Paprika:

    Found your blog months ago but instead of reading I just "bookmarked" it. Decided last night to clean out all of my bookmarks and glanced at it once again. I started reading and I couldn't stop! I stayed up until 4 o'clock this morning reading all of your posts and then finally fell asleep. I work up around noon and immediately went back and finished reading the rest.

    I am a Niagara girl as well living in St. Catharines. It is driving me crazy you are semi-anonymous as I am wondering if we have any friends/acquaintances in common. But alas, I am much older than you....at 47 even older than your "sort of" dance partner.

    Sorry for this rambling comment. I just wanted to say I can really see how you have grown over the course of your blog. Because I read every one all at once I can really see how you are becoming stronger and much more confident in yourself. I know you have doubts, but I can tell from reading your blog how passionate about life you are and what a fulfilling life you really have. You have lots of friends and family who love you for you. I am fascinated as well as jealous about your life. I would love to be able to fit into the "art scene" in Toronto (Tdot) and meet lots of new and interesting people. Do people from Toronto really call it Tdot? I thought that was something wannabe city people called it! lol



    Just remember you can have it all but you can't have it all at once. When the day comes, and it will, that you are married with a family of your own, there will be lots about your single life you will be giving up. Enjoy each day as it comes.

    When you are feeling low and depressed, read my blog.....I am a married mother with grown kids and compared to your blog, my life is sooooooo boring!!

    Looking forward to living vicariously through you!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete