Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tears for Fears

I think I need to get my tear ducts removed because I just can't stop bursting into tears for seemingly no reason.

I suppose last night's blub fest was in some part due to the fact I'd had two beers and three JD & Cokes for "dinner".

I went to see Rock of Ages for the third time with a good friend of mine. And being a huge theatre fan like me, it wasn't hard to convince her that we needed to go to the stage door after the show and try our luck in getting pictures and/or autographs from the cast.

We're standing there chatting about how much we liked the show and which scenes were totally awesome, when all of a sudden I started crying.

"What's wrong Paprika?"

"I want to be on that stage."

"Oh you will one day!"

"I'm just a big idiot. I really don't know why I'm here sometimes."

"Here?"

"On earth. Alive. Breathing."

Then she started to get all misty eyed. Which made me cry even harder. I sobbed into her shoulder for a few minutes and managed to pull it together just before the actor who plays the role of Lonny came out.

I called him over, congratulated him on a good show and asked if he would take a photo. He obliged. I snapped a photo of him and my friend and thanked him for his time.

As he was walking away, the tears started to squeeze themselves out again.

GAAAAAAAH!

What the hell is wrong with me?

1 comment:

  1. I love Lonny! I watched him a couple summers back when he was on Canadian Idol....he seems like such a great guy.

    I have the whole crying thing happening to me too. But I am much older than you (49) and I suspect my problem is the hormonal thing that goes with my age...you are MUCH to young for THAT

    ReplyDelete