Wednesday, October 20, 2010

20 10 2010

Today is cool for three reasons.

The first reason is the date - 20·10·2010. And please note, I've posted this at 20:10 (8:10pm for those who aren't down with the military way of telling time).

The second reason is today a bunch of people banded together to raise awareness on an important issue affecting LGBT youth - suicide because of bullying.

It's #SpiritDay and those participating have worn purple and changed their Facebook and Twitter profile pictures to this:

The internet is awesome for grassroots movements. Earlier this month it began on YouTube with the "It Gets Better" project.

I have a lot of LGBT friends who I'm sure were bullied as teens. But they made it through those awful years and became the super awesome, fun loving people they are today. People I am proud to call friends and who I love with all my heart.

To all the LGBT youth - BE PROUD! We love you exactly as you are. And I promise, it gets better!

And to all those bullies out there - go suck a lemon. Seriously. Every time you open your mouth to say something mean, stick a lemon in it and suck until you get canker sores.

And the third reason is because I got a tattoo to honour Jelly's mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment