Saturday, February 6, 2010

T-minus Two

I had dance class last night. Lo and behold, Mr. David was at the studio twirling around as per usual. This was surprising to me as I've never seen him on a Friday night. It was a pleasant surprise, especially since I was running late for class. I had to stay late at work because my boss fired the receptionist again. Gah. What a way to start off my birthday weekend.

I rushed into the studio and at first, I didn't even notice him twirling around. When I finally did, I noticed he had a few days of facial hair growth happening. He was totally clean shaven on Wednesday. I cannot begin to tell you how much of a turn on facial hair is for me. Yummy!

I didn't get a chance to talk to him but I did notice as the class progressed, he was doing more and more fancy moves. I think he was probably trying to get my attention but I was too busy tripping over not only my feet, but my partner's feet. Man, the instructor for Friday is just killing us with an insane cha-cha.

After class, I packed up my stuff and hit the road to Hamilton where my friends @NKRunner and @CaptainBrownCow were waiting at a hotel for my arrival. These two ladies are tremendously awesome and they were the ones who stepped up to salvage this weekend after learning of my failed Prom.

When I got to the hotel room, CBC greeted me at the door with a bottle of champagne! WHOO! NKR was still in the shower when I arrived, but she came out in a towel and gave me a great big hug. (The most action I've seen in a while.) We snacked on some chips and toasted bread with Nutella spread, while polishing off the champagne.

After sucking back a pretty substantial amount of alcohol, we made our way over to a local karaoke bar. This place was such a complete dive, it's just a step above being condemned and boarded up. As we walked in, I said, "This place is outstanding!" The girls got this weird look on their faces because they honestly couldn't figure out if I was being sarcastic or sincere.

I explained to them how I *love* this exact type of bar. It is truly the quintessential karaoke bar. There were junky tables & chairs to sit at. There were exactly 15 people there, most of whom were what I can only describe as the bottom rung of the evolutionary ladder. And all the drinks were $5 each!

We got nice and hammered and I sang my little heart out! It was exactly a perfect night of karaoke for me. The place went ballistic when I sang some Janis Joplin tunes. A young kid who was missing only one tooth tried to pick me up, and an old guy in a wheelchair missing all his front teeth copped a feel of my boob when I leaned in to give him a hug.

We staggered out of there just after last call in search of pizza. We came upon this little Halal (Yes, Halal in downtown Hamilton!) pizza joint which was jammed full with about six guys. I said hello to everyone because that's the polite thing to do when you and three of your friends are trying to squeeze themselves into a space clearly not designed to hold that many people. All of a sudden, the tallest guy there says, "Why you gotta be like that?" To which I responded, "Cuz that's how I roll!" The rest of the dudes and my girls laughed their heads off.

We stood around chatting while waiting for our pizza, and every once in a while, the tall dude would just suddenly ask me why I gotta be like that. And every time I'd tell him it's how I roll.

I still don't know how it happened, but the tall dude ended up buying everyone's pizza. And it's not like the five other guys there were his friends either. He was there with only one other guy. I'm sure it would have been cheaper if we'd just ordered a whole pizza, but whatever, that's how I roll!

We ate our pizza and then staggered back to the hotel where it took me all of two seconds to pass out.

Birthday Weekend Night One = SUCCESS!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great time! Now I am worried though, because I don't think that coming to my house can even compare to this kind of birthday success. Hopefully my kids will think up a good play for you to put us back in the running.

    ReplyDelete