Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cinderella is Going to the Ball

And I'm back to crushing on Mr. David.

Last night we were both early for class, as per usual. But this time, not only did he remember my name, he asked me to dance.

"Come on Paprika, let's dance!"

"Okay David!"

There we were, twirling and floating magically around the dance floor in a beautiful waltz. *sigh

And then my brain figured out that I was dancing with *him* and cut off all signals to my feet, which effectively turned them into blocks of concrete.

I'm sure you can guess what happened next. He kept moving, I didn't, and WHAMMO. He kicked my left foot, more specifically my left big toe, pretty hard.

"Wow, sorry!"

"That's okay."

"You know what they say about transferring your weight..."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm sorry."

He smiled at me and winked.

I managed to regain some control over my feet (stupid brain!) and we twirled around some more. At one point we were doing some sort of fancy cross-over thingy (I still haven't learned proper dance terminology) and I happened to take that moment to look at the side of his face which was pointed in the right direction for the fancy move.

"Were you looking at me?"

"Nope."

"Where were you looking?"

"Absolutely nowhere."

"Really? I thought you were looking at me."

"Now why would I do that?"

Twirl, twirl, twirl...

Finally class started so we finished up. He thanked me and I curtsied. He smiled and I melted.

As luck would have it, this time we were paired together for the first part of the choreography. We had a pretty steady rotation this week so I got to dance with him quite a bit.

Just before the final rotation, our instructor reminded us yet again about feeling the romance of the dance.

"This is a safe space. Just because you are expressing love towards your partner doesn't mean you want to take them out to dinner after class."

I snuck a peak at David. HA! If he only knew what I'd actually like to do with him after class. *snicker

At this point, I got rotated to David again. We were positioned rather close to one wall, so Nicole called David's name to remind him he'd have to rotate a bit of the dance towards the end so we wouldn't smash into the wall.

Just as she called his name, I was moving forward, and he began to gesture towards the area Nicole was referring to. Then WHAMMO! He clocked me right in the face!

Everyone started howling! I was a little dazed and he was completely embarrassed.

"How's that for showing you the love?"

Then he grabbed me and gave me a big hug. Shivers went up and down my spine. I fit in his arms perfectly. My head ended up on his chest and I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a good squeeze. And OMG he smelled SO GOOD!

So now I was doubly dazed, but managed to pull it together enough to finish out the dance.

At the end of class, Nicole mentioned that our school is having a White Tie & Tiara Ball next month and she wanted to know how many of us were going. I was a maybe. The ticket is $110 and right now I'm still trying to figure out how to get my hands on some cash to pay for her classes. (Yes, I decided I wanted to do both S&T and Showcase. And not just because of David, but because I actually like Nicole's class!)

Nicole said that if we wanted to, we could perform our waltz routine at the Ball. I glanced over at David and he was looking right at me. He gave me a big smile. *swoon

And that brought us to the end of class. This time, while I was chatting with my dance mates, David took the time to bid me good night and he said, "Come to the ball Paprika."

"Okay."

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Yeah, so now I have to magically find $110 for the ticket and who knows how much for a ballgown. A freaking ballgown! Ooh, and maybe some glass slippers to match. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment