Friday, March 19, 2010

Crimson Tide

I had a dream last night I told my boss I was pregnant and he fired me on the spot. I started to cry and when I tried to collect my things from my office, he wouldn't let me in. I cried harder and told him he was being cruel to a pregnant woman and her unborn child. He didn't care and told me to get out.

I was a bit shaken when I woke up, which of course didn't help the already agitated state I've been in for the last few days. I went to the bathroom and still there was nothing.

I got into the shower and thought about what it would mean for me to have a baby at this point.

Even though I had finally resolved it with myself that I don't want to settle down and have kids right now, I am surprisingly okay with the possibility of being pregnant. I decided I would take my baby everywhere because she (yes, it would be a girl) would be an awesome kid and totally up for anything, just like her mommy.

In spite of that positive outlook on an unplanned pregnancy, my heart was pounding the whole time in the shower. I was thinking about how I would tell Funny Guy, my Dad, my brothers & sisters-in-law, my best girlfriends, my boss....

And then everything went down the drain, literally. My period came.

And so did a huge sigh of relief. I am more okay with *not* being pregnant. :)

It's a good thing too because I was feeling guilty about having sushi for lunch yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment