Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Little Love Goes a Long Way

Being sick sucks. Yes yes, that's my own personal pity party I just had there.

I had a lovely email exchange with BGK yesterday which made being at work whilst being so sick, just a little bit better. It started when I emailed him asking for the grades from his last class.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Black Glove Killer wrote:

Oops! Sorry! Here are the grades. My new gig is busting my balls...How's my little Paprika?

BGK


On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Paprika wrote:

Hey man,

You asked me how I was doing via my work account...thought I'd take it "offline" over here on my personal account.

I'm UGH. I'm sick. And the pressure TPTB are applying is getting to be a bit much.

I noticed you mentioned your new gig has you by the balls. I feel your pain brother. Well, not in the balls sort of way, but I get it. :)

When is your new issue coming out? I'll have to get one and get you to autograph it for me. Yes, I'm a total geek when it comes to the stuff you do.

P

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Black Glove Killer wrote:

Aww, you're awesomeness is matched only by your hotness. Chin up, girl. You're a major presence at that school. Those two bumblers rely on you and so do the kids...you're just a really positive, warm person who does a BADASS job keeping things running, especially a machine that is about as odd and dysfunctional as they get!!!

My first issue is on stands next month...gonna be a beautiful mess!

BGK

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Paprika wrote:

You are too awesome for words. Thanks for the encouragement. It really means a lot coming from you. Somedays I wonder if anyone even notices I'm here. I love your description of TPTB. That descriptive writing is exactly why you are now an editor in chief.

I will for sure pick up your beautiful mess when it hits the stands. I can honestly say it'll be my first time picking up that magazine. You get the honour of deflowering me. LOL (I think that's the cold medication talking.) :)

P

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Black Glove Killer wrote:

Deflowering you would be a delicious dream come true. And if my magazine is the only way, I accept the honour.

BGK

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Paprika wrote:

I blush, I blush, I grin, and I blush. :)


Why are all the good ones already taken??? Boo. But aside from that, BGK really made me feel appreciated. And that goes a long way these days.

It's so easy to tell someone when they've done something bad. But taking the time to tell someone they've done something good is a rarity.


Thanks BGK.

And now, back to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment