Friday, March 12, 2010

Love Thy Self

So I went to the Social dance last night. I looked really cute (I didn't end up wearing the same outfit from my beer bombing) if I do say so myself. I was wearing black pants with a hot pink top that had "I carried a watermelon?!" printed in silver across the chest. (Bonus points if you can identify that quote.)

I was the second person to arrive, after Mr. David. He came over to say hello while he was helping to set up.

It's really cute what they do for the Social. They set up chairs, tables with candles, dim the lights, and put out snacks and a punch bowl. I was tempted to spike it with a mini bottle of vodka that has been living in my purse since February, but I figured it would be bad form to pull shenanigans my first time out.

He finished setting up and asked me to dance before the instructor even started the music. So we just did a Rumba to the beat of our own hearts. Ha ha. Sorry. It was really the beat he was counting out loud.

The instructor started up the music and luckily, it was a Rumba. So we matched the rhythm and continued on slow and sexy. Well, I was being slow and sexy. He was busy looking at himself in the mirror.

I think Mr. David loves watching himself dance more than anything in the world. I think even more than he loves sex or booze.

On the whole, the night was super fun. There were a few times it got nerve wracking when I was dancing Salsa with the instructor and another girl. He had one on each arm and was twirling us around like spaghetti.

I danced a lot with David as well. Most of the time he made fun of me and I rolled my eyes at him. I also found that he watches himself in the mirror a lot. I don't know if he's watching his form or if he just truly loves himself. It was pretty dark in there so I don't how he could possibly really be able to evaluate his frame.

At one point, while he was dancing with someone else, he crashed right into the mirror. I couldn't help but laugh and point. I asked him if he needed me to call 9-1-1. He rolled his eyes at me.

At two different times during the evening, we did group line dancing. It was a simple combination that we repeated over and over, each time we'd rotate at the end to face a different wall.

I took this opportunity to flirt with him. There was a hook step combo which involved some hip wiggling. So I wiggled on over close to him.

He didn't get it. Not. At. All. He just thought I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. Ugh.

That is when I decided it just ain't gonna happen with him. He is clearly all about himself right now. Which is fine. I was like that after I got out of my marriage.

And besides, I have Funny Guy as a potential. I've seen more action with FG in one night than with Mr. David in 5 months.

Is it early next week yet?

3 comments:

  1. Baby from Dirty Dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct! Give that lady a prize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, beaten to the quote! Sigh. Oh well, maybe next time. And I think you're making the right call with Narcissus here, with all the mirrors and shiny surfaces around to fixate on and run into, he's probably a health risk.

    ReplyDelete