Saturday, March 6, 2010

End of an Era

I went to the movies today with two of my good girlfriends. I've been friends with these gals for almost a decade. We used to party together every weekend back in the hey day of being wild and single. We hit every dance club, every martini bar and every place that served booze in the downtown core of the Tdot.

Then both of them got married the same summer I threw out my husband. I had the humiliating task of phoning both of them to let them know they could cross my husband off the guest list. Attending each of their weddings was as wonderful as it was painful.

Both of them continue to be happily married to wonderful men. Both of them bought houses in the burbs and moved away from the hustle and bustle of downtown living.

One of them had a little girl this past September. And the other one just told us today that she is expecting in August.

I was super excited of course. I jumped up and down and squealed with delight as I crushed her in a hug.

And after we wished each other a great afternoon, on the way home I cried.

I am the last of the Mohicans for sure. I'm still the single gal, living downtown, coming and going as she pleases. I can't get a date, let alone a boyfriend or a husband for that matter.

It probably wasn't the best choice to see "Valentine's Day". *sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment